Friday, September 19, 2008
A little help, please!
I'm in a horrible cooking RUT. It's bad news. I have no idea what to make for dinner - ever. Jesse and I are sick of the same old stuff and I have no new ideas. I don't love trying new recipes out of a cook book because you never know how they are going to turn out. I much prefer it when someone says 'make this - it's great' and gives me a good recipe. So, I'm turning to you, my faithful friends. Can you give me some suggestions? I want your go-to meals. Ones that are yummy, fairly easy to make, and, if possible, don't involve cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup. I'm a little worn out on cream of chicken (and mushroom) soup. And, Jesse won't eat onions (unless I dice them up small and hide them in his food - which I do all the time). And we don't really like mushrooms either. Other than that we're easy to please! leave them in the comments section or email them to me. PLEASE!!! Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Gosh! Easy food that's different... W/out cream of chicken or mushroom? That's hard!
Beef Enchillada's are our fav but it takes about an hour. All you need is lb hamburger, about -1 1/2 lbs of chedder cheese, 1 large can of Enchillada sauce, and corn tortillas.
I dip the tortillas in hot oil quickly so that they are soft and aren't dry. I lay them on paper towels and then dunk them in the Enchillada sauce. I roll them up with the ground up meat and cheese. After that I top it with cheese and throw it in the oven on 350 for about 30 minutes. If you have questions email me- jillanddrew at hotmail dot com
ASH
My neighbor friends (at park day) were bemoaning this same problem. One cleaver mom started a blog that we all contribute recipes too...
cooking ladies.blogspot.com . Some however do entail the dreaded C.of C. soup. See if that helps at all! Let me know if it doesn't let you view it and I'll make it happen!
D
I just emailed you a doc with lots of recipes. And these are a few easy foodie blogs I like.
http://friendsrecipeshare.blogspot.com/
http://foodswelove.blogspot.com/
http://delightfuldelicacies.blogspot.com/ --- her stuff is kind of advanced, but she has lots of great links on her blog.
Good luck!
Ritz Chicken
2 c. Crushed Ritz crackers (1 pkg)
3 T. Parmesan cheese
2 t. Garlic salt
1 t. Season salt
½ c. Melted butter
1 small container of plain yogurt
1 lb chicken tenders
Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl or zip lock bag. Wash chicken. Dip chicken in yogurt then in dry mix. Place in a greased pan. After chicken is in pan pour melted butter over the top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
I love this because it is easy, yummy and aside from the plain yogurt I almost always have all of the ingrediants at home. I like to serve it some some sort of canned veggie and rice a roni.
Taco Soup
¼ c. Chopped Onion
1 lb Browned Hamburger
1 Pkg Taco Seasoning Mix
2 c. Canned Chopped Tomatoes
16oz Kidney Beans (undrained)
16oz Whole Kernel Corn (undrained)
2-3 t. Chili Powder
½ t. Garlic Salt
2 c. Shredded Cheese
¾ c. Sour Cream
Tortilla Chips
Brown hamburger with chopped onion. Combine in large pan, hamburger (w/onion), taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, chili powder & garlic salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve and add to individual taste cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Crepes
1 ½ cup milk
1 cup flour
2 T. sugar
1 ½ T. oil
½ t. salt
2 eggs
Mix all ingredients together and cook in frying pan. Serve with fruits, jam, puddings, whipped cream, yogurt, chocolate sauce, etc.
This is yummy for breakfast or when you're doing the ole' breakfast for dinner routine. We fill them with fruit, pudding, yogurt, cinnamon sugar and powder sugar.
I e-mailed you some salsa recipes. Did you get them?
Post a Comment