I had the awesome opportunity yesterday to serve at the Open House for the new Draper Temple! It was so fun. I was asked to be an usher and spent almost 11 hours at the temple yesterday. I was so tired and sore when I got home but it was worth it. I spent the first part of the day standing on one spot directing people up the stairs as they came around a corner. I was positioned next to a friend in the ward so we could visit a little bit when people weren't around. I lucked out for the second shift and was a roaming usher. I went around to all 20 or so usher spots and took the positions for a few minutes while the other person took a restroom or water break. It was SO fun because I got to walk through the whole temple and spend time in every room. It was great. Then, later in the evening I took some time to go on a self guided tour of the parts of the temple that weren't on the tour. It was so fun to see some of the areas that others weren't taken through. I guess that was my bonus for being there for 11 hours! Anyhow, the temple is absolutely gorgeous. The pictures in the temple are stunning and the decor is very impressive. It's so, so nice. If you haven't been on the open house tour you should definitly go. I think the open house goes through the middle of March. Don't wait too long though!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Draper Temple
I had the awesome opportunity yesterday to serve at the Open House for the new Draper Temple! It was so fun. I was asked to be an usher and spent almost 11 hours at the temple yesterday. I was so tired and sore when I got home but it was worth it. I spent the first part of the day standing on one spot directing people up the stairs as they came around a corner. I was positioned next to a friend in the ward so we could visit a little bit when people weren't around. I lucked out for the second shift and was a roaming usher. I went around to all 20 or so usher spots and took the positions for a few minutes while the other person took a restroom or water break. It was SO fun because I got to walk through the whole temple and spend time in every room. It was great. Then, later in the evening I took some time to go on a self guided tour of the parts of the temple that weren't on the tour. It was so fun to see some of the areas that others weren't taken through. I guess that was my bonus for being there for 11 hours! Anyhow, the temple is absolutely gorgeous. The pictures in the temple are stunning and the decor is very impressive. It's so, so nice. If you haven't been on the open house tour you should definitly go. I think the open house goes through the middle of March. Don't wait too long though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That sounds like a lovely day! My family went a couple weeks ago but I missed out because of my sprained ankle and a sick boy. If I don't make it to an open house you can bet we will be going for sessions as soon as it is dedicated. It looks so gorgeous from the outside- and Drew brought home pictures of the inside. I look forward to it!
We get to go on the 30th and I am very excited! It will be fun to see the kids reactions and try to explain it all to them. Glad you got to go do that and had a great experience!
11 hours! That is impressive. It is a beautiful Temple, we are lucky to have it so close to us. Thanks for dinner, we loved it as always.
You are a good girl. I bet it was a very cool day!
We went with our kids and grandkids, it was awesome. The artwork in the creation rooms reminds me of the way my mom painted. Both being in the temple and seeing that made me feel close to her. Hug your mom for me.
Post a Comment