Friday, January 9, 2009
Potty update
I know you are all VERY interested in a potty training update. So, I'll give it. Actually, it's just that I'm knee deep in potty business and I need to tell someone about it. The gist of it is that Clark is a potty rockstar. I can't believe how well he's doing. He hasn't had anymore accidents (still just 2 total) and uses the potty all the time. My only worry now is how to transition from the stage where I ask him every hour to go use the potty to the stage where he can tell me on his own that he needs to use the potty (or better yet, go do it without me being involved). I'm cool with reminding and asking all the time now - but this can't last forever, right? I wonder when and how he'll be able to do this on his own. Who know. I guess it's not something that I need to worry about on day 5. In the mean time, I'm WAY sick of dumping poo out of his little potty into the big one. His little bum isn't quite ready for sitting on the big potty for more than 2 seconds so we keep using the little one. Don't they make little seats that you can snap onto the big potty to make it easier for little ones? I'm gonna go find one tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Clark! I always knew you were smart! Any luck with a snap-on toilet seat so he doesn't fall in? I bet dumping his poo gets old...as does picking up hot doggy poo in a plastic baggy. Eeeww...
Hooray for Clark! I knew he would catch on when he felt like it. I'm glad you'll be dealing with a few less diapers now!
Ash,
Hi! We have a little potty that snaps onto the big one. It works great. the only catch is you need a stool for them to step on to get onto the potty, but it comes with one! I think we got it at Walmart. Clark is way ahead of Trey...he could care less about potty training!
Post a Comment