Monday, October 6, 2008

A little Quirky!

I was tagged a little while ago to list 6 quirks about myself! Not hard! I'm full of quirks!

1. I love being out of the city but I could never live outside of a city. Make sense? I love traveling to rural areas for short little trips. It feels so good to see fields and trees and open space. It's totally refreshing for me to see areas that are sparsely populated, if at all. But, I could never, never live like that. I need my friends, my restaurants, and my stores - all within a 2 mile radius!

2. I have retarted skin. Right now the skin on my fingertips is cracked, peeling and almost bleeding. In fact, it hurts to type right now. It sucks, big time.

3. I can't handle the sound of both my kids crying at the same time. It rattles my brain. I can listen to one or the other cry for an hour and not get rattled but the second they both start crying I start to go nuts!

4. I'm endlessly curious about the details of other peoples lives. I always want to know how much people make, how many kids they want to have, when they want to have them, how much they spent on whatever they just bought and so on. Most of my curiosity revolves around money and babies. I don't know why I want to know, I just do. I try hard to control my nosiness but I apologize if I'm too forward with my questions!

5. I'm fine with most household chores but there are a few that I HATE! Hate hate hate. I hate changing the toilet paper roll. I always leave it for Jesse to do - which I'm sure he appreciates! ;> And, I HATE to empty the dishwasher. I mentioned this once before because it's one of the reasons that my kitchen is usually somewhat of a mess. My dishwasher usually full of clean dishes and my sink is full of dishes waiting to go in. Oddly, I usually leave that job for Jesse too! I know that it is stupid to hate the easy, non-disgusting jobs but that's just the way it is!

6. I love eating really good gourmet food but I rarely feel like taking the time to make it. I usually go for quicker and easier recipes. I wonder if I'll actually make more gourmet food when I have time in my life (ie - when I don't have little kids grabbing my legs while I cook) of if I'll never get into it. We'll see.

I also have a nasty sugar addiction - but most of you know that so I won't count it as one of my real quirks.

I'm supposed to tag people now but I think I'll just leave it open ended. If you feel like it then you are tagged!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha - I think it's so funny that you want to know all the intimate details about people's lives. You'll know I'm mad at your if I ever start holding out and not telling you everything! ;) Unlikely to happen!