Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Quota??
Do you feel like you have a 'good mom' quota to fill? I do. I feel like I need to take my kids to the zoo a certain number of times each year, I feel like I need to take them to the park a certain number of times, and so on. Lagoon, museums, playgrounds, all that kind of stuff factor into my quota. Don't worry, my standards are pretty low, but I do feel like it's my responsibility to get them out to enjoy what this city has to offer. Anyhow, I think I've almost filled my quotas. We went to the Zoo and to Lagoon again last week. And then today we went to the Children's Museum at The Gateway. Party on! Here are some zoo and Lagoon pics - the Gateway pics will come later!
We went to the Zoo with my friend Kristi and her kids Samantha and Alex. It was lots of fun!
I don't really remember what was behind the glass. Apparently only Alex was interested....
Is that a monkey or Ava - - I can't quite tell.......
We went to Lagoon with my whole family and with Brett and his kids. Brett's kids will be Clark's step cousins in a few weeks - - kinda crazy. Clark thinks they are super cool though so it will be great to be able to call them family. This is Keian in the boat with Clark. He's 5.
On the train - -whopee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Drew thinks we need to fill a quota but I don't. I think it's the way I was raised. I never did anything like Lagoon or the Zoo all the time and I think I'm okay. Drew always says that's exactly why we DO need to do those things. So they can enjoy the stuff I couldn't. I still never feel too guilty. I understand what you mean though. Does that make me a bad mom?!
I don't feel like I have a quota, but I see where you might feel like that. Maybe I will feel that later. I actually was watching Opera about how Mom's do feel that way. I guess I kind of walk to a different drum. I just don't care what other people think. I do whatever I want and if that isn't cool then so what!!
Post a Comment