I can't believe how much I've accomplished today! I hired one of our neighborhood girls to come watch our kids for 2 hours while I got some cleaning done. I feel like my sinks are always crusted with toothpaste, my floors are always covered in crumbs and my mirrors are always spotty. I can never get ahead. But, in the two hours I had this morning I:
Vacuumed upstairs
swept and moped the kitchen floor
emptied and loaded the dishwasher
put away all the clean clothes
sewed a broken tie on Avie's hamper
polished all the bedroom furniture
cleaned the sliding glass door
scrubbed the kitchen sink
scrubbed the tub
cleaned both upstairs bathrooms (floors, sinks, mirrors, toilets, ect.)
And took a few break to feed Ava, get fruit snacks for Clark and move the kids to the play room. It may not sounds like a lot to you, but it was phenomenal to me. Best of all, now the kids are both down for a nap and I still have time to check my email and update the blog. Like I said....wow!
Vacuumed upstairs
swept and moped the kitchen floor
emptied and loaded the dishwasher
put away all the clean clothes
sewed a broken tie on Avie's hamper
polished all the bedroom furniture
cleaned the sliding glass door
scrubbed the kitchen sink
scrubbed the tub
cleaned both upstairs bathrooms (floors, sinks, mirrors, toilets, ect.)
And took a few break to feed Ava, get fruit snacks for Clark and move the kids to the play room. It may not sounds like a lot to you, but it was phenomenal to me. Best of all, now the kids are both down for a nap and I still have time to check my email and update the blog. Like I said....wow!
7 comments:
oh my gosh - Avie is so dang cute!!!! Love that little munchkin. Especially love that we can now see her hair! :)
It is hard to explain to a man the desire to pay a babysitter while you clean but the sense of satisfaction of having a clean house is priceless. You kicked some cleaning butt. It is amazing what you can do when you get on a roll like that.
Cute pic of Ava! Don't you love those days where you feel like you actually did something! Good for you!
I had my mom come over last Friday for a couple of hours and I did the SAME thing!! Just cleaning but it felt so good to do it all. Sad when that is our big event but I am just happy to know I'm not the only one who struggles to clean with 2 kids around!
Oh boy, I wish my house were that clean. I definitely got some good stuff done this week, but it ain't easy with the kids around! Good for you. Maybe I can hire you to do my place next week. I can't afford to pay you, but I'll make you lunch!!
I am impressed! Is something wrong with me that that sounds way more fun than working in an office 10 hours a day?
THAT IS PHENOMINAL! (sp)
I love days like that but they are so far and few between!
Post a Comment