Thursday, February 21, 2008
Sleeping - huh?
Ava and I have a little difference of opinion lately. You see - she seems to think that it's just fine to wake up 3 or 4 or 5 times a night - for no apparent reason. I, on the other hand, don't think this is very cool. Last night we were up together 5 times between midnight and 7am. I'm not sure why she wakes up but the only way to get her back to sleep is to feed and rock her. It's like having a two week old in the house again! I know I probably need to just let her cry and work out whatever issue is waking her up - but I haven't mustered up the energy to do that yet. All I can say is that I hope this phase passes quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I feel your pain! You and I both know I've done the sleeping battle. What is it with these girls?! If you let her cry it out, would she wake up Clark? Sorry I don't have much good advice. Our solution is always to move the boys to the basement and let her cry for awhile. It's tough, but it works. Good luck. It does get better, so hang in there!! (When Abby was doing that I found that I could get her back to sleep without feeding her. I just bounced her and sang to her until she finally fell asleep without eating, then laid her back down already asleep.) Sorry this is a long comment...
That stinks for you. But she is SO dang cute either way!
Don't worry, it's boys and girls (at least for Catenzaro's).....I feel your pain! We'll have to call each other while we're up with our little night owls!
I'm a big fan of the crying it out method, as you know. It was the only way to get my kids to sleep. It sucks though so only do it when you're really ready because you can't do it half-hearted. She sure is adorable though, what a dilemma!
I don't want to burst your bubble but it may continue on alot longer then you want! Ben still does that to me sometimes and he turned 2 in Nov. Actually aren't Clark and Ben close to the same age? It's so hard when you don't get your sleep! If you want I would be HAPPY to come take the two for a few hours so you can get some sleep in the day. Honestly I would. Good luck! I'll call you!
Post a Comment