Tuesday, March 11, 2008

6 month check up!

We took Ava in to see her pediatrician today for her 6 month check up. Some good news and some bad news. She's in the 14th percentile for her weight and in the 72nd percentile for her height. Sounds just like what you'd expect from a baby of ours! The bad news is that she might need a little baby helmet! How sad. I was hoping we wouldn't have to go there. But, it's much better than having a kid with a flat head for the rest of it's life. We've been trying so hard to keep her off the back of her head but it hasn't seemed to make much of a difference - it's still a little smooshed looking. We have to take her in to a plastic surgeon now (ya - they do the helmets, strange, isn't it) and we'll see what they think. And, the poor thing has a yeast diaper rash! So, we had to get a prescription for that. AND - the doctor doesn't think she's eating or sleeping enough. So, we need to go through a little tough love baby boot camp to fix those two problems. Ugh - it's always something!! And, just to add to her day's excitement, she had to get 3 shots! She hated that - of course.

Ouch - shots!!


Ava's flat head. And yes, that is diaper cream she is sucking on. Bad mom, I know.


7 comments:

Kristi said...

Alex's head is way more awkward than hers and his doctor didn't seem concerned at all! Strange doctors. He's just going to go through life with a lopsided head. I guess there could be worse things. She really is a doll!

Tibett said...

Hi Ash! Remember Trey had a helmet for a flat head...we were so glad we did it. It worked really well. The earlier they get it on the better. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

haha! That is awesome that she is getting a helmet. Jesse had a helmet for most of his life and he turned out OK. (Does he still wear his? ;)

Cindy said...

You're not a bad mom. What kid doesn't suck on tubes of diaper cream?! Remember a few months ago (I don't know when, but when we still lived at the condo) I had to call poison control because Carter ate some Desitin?! Crazy kid. He was old enough to know better and he didn't eat much. But still, I felt pretty stupid...

Christy Alter said...

Poor little Avie! Oh well ... helmets are cool. Maybe get Clark a matching one? :)

Jill Petersen said...

Sweety she is a doll and I think Docs are a bit over-zellous (sp) sometimes. I hope the appointment goes well. The poor girl has been through so much lately. Not to mention two stressed out worried parents right? E mail me tomorrow. We would love to take Clark and Ava for the night so you and Jesse can have the night off. SERIOUSLY!I am sure you have plenty of family around to help out but I love it and they are too cute! Drew would love it too! Either Fri or Sat.

jillanddrew@hotmail.com

Jill Petersen said...

I didn't mean overnight! I am sure you're still nursing and all!