Good news - Ava's cardiologist said that she looks great and he thinks that her heart is doing just fine. We were up at Primary's for just over an hour and had a few chest x-rays and an EKG done. The chest x-rays showed that her heart was normal size and the EKG looked good too. He could still hear a slight heart murmur but said that it sounded much better. He didn't think we needed to do an echocardiogram (an ultrasound of the heart) so we got to skip that step. However, he also said that based on her age and the size of the hole he saw last time that he was pretty sure the hole was still there. She isn't old enough to have outgrown a hole the size of the one they saw. But, we don't have to go back till she's 18 months unless she starts to show signs of heart trouble. We were very relieved and are happy to know that she is healthy and that her heart is happy! Thanks for your prayers!
This is a picture of all the EKG wires. It's a little crazy to see how many electrodes they can hook up to one tiny chest!
Thankfully, she didn't seem to mind!
Still happy!
I had to take a pic of this one - is that not the tiniest blood pressure cuff you've ever seen? I thought it was hilarious.
5 comments:
Glad to hear that evrything is looking good with Ava. She is such a cute baby too!
I'm so glad everything is OK. Thanks for stopping by yesterday! It was so good to see you guys - yes, I like you and Jesse too, not just Ava. :)
I can't believe all those wires! I can't believe she wasn't crying. (She saved that for me!) And that little blood pressure thing is hilarious! I'm so glad you took pictures.
Yeah! I'm so glad that Ava is doing so well and his healthy!
what a relief! glad to hear that all is well. she is so cute to not mind all those cords, etc.
I hope Jesse passed on my "I'm a jerk" message. Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm so glad she's okay! I thought Carter's blood pressure cuff was the tiniest, but Ava's got him beat!
Post a Comment