Monday, April 14, 2008

You aint cool unless you have plaster all over your head!

Here are some pictures of Ava getting the plaster mold for her helmet. She was fine up until the end. Then she got mad, really mad!

First they put this weird sock/nylon thing on her head to keep the nasty plaster off her hair and skin.





Then they started layering on the wet plater strips. She only tolerated this for a few minutes before the screaming began



The front forhead pieces comes off but the rest of it hardened into one solid mass. It actually dried pretty quickly but it felt like forever with her screaming.



Ava was very angry and sad at the end. This isn't a good picture but it show you what she was feeling like!



We get her helmet on the 22nd and she shouldn't have to wear it for more than 2 months. Not bad, I think. It sounds less bad than having her mad at me for the rest of her life because 'I didn't love her enough to fix her flat head'. I'm already having visions of what raising teenagers will be like and I don't want to add a flat head to the list of grievances she will have against me! Hopefully she's fine with wearing a helmet all the time. We'll see!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hohohohhaaahoohaahaa! This is me laughing so hard and at the same time saying, "oooohhhh....Ava...hohohohaahaha!! But you are still so dang cute!

Tibett said...

Wow! This looks very familiar. Trey flipped out the whole time! Good luck with the helmet!

Kristi said...

Breakin' my heart here!! What a doll!

Cindy said...

Those pictures are just so pathetic! Poor Ava. I can only imagine how unpleasant that was. Hopefully she'll get used to the helmet and not be too uncomfortable. And don't worry - I can't imagine she'll have many grievances with you. You're a great mother. Good luck with the helmet - I can't wait to see her in it!

Jill Petersen said...

Those pictures made me so sad! poor baby! I know it's better in the end for them but still! What a tough kid!